A sunny afternoon in the garden isn’t complete without an iced coffee. Am I right? This simple iced latte recipe starts with a concentrated cold brew, then all you need to do is pour it over some milk and ice! ☀️ Head to http://bemorebear.co/ for all of your coffee needs!
YOU WILL NEED
A large lidded jar or airtight container
120g medium-coarse grind coffee
500g water (filtered if possible)
A spoon or stirrer
A set of scales
A sticky label or a bit of masking tape
A filter paper and a brewer for it to sit inside (I use a V60)
A vessel for your brewer to sit on top of
A glass to drink your coffee from
Some ice cubes and your choice of milk
HOW TO BREW
- To make the cold brew first, pop your jar or container on a set of scales. Zero the scales and add 120g of medium-coarse grind coffee.
- Zero the scales again, then pour 500g of cold water (preferably filtered) over the top of your coffee. Give the whole thing a good stir.
- Seal the jar. Make a note of the time on a sticky label or a strip of masking tape and stick it to the outside, then put the container in the fridge in the fridge for 8-12 hours.
- 8-12 hours later, get your jar back out of the fridge and give the coffee another good stir.
- Set up a filter paper in your brewer of choice and carefully pour the coffee through the filter. Allow to drip in to the vessel below - this could take a little while but it will be worth the wait!
- Once it’s all dripped through, it will leave you with approximately 250ml of cold brew. Pour it over a glass of milk with ice and enjoy! If you’ve got a sweet tooth, feel free to add a flavoured syrup to your glass too. Anything you don’t use will be good in the fridge for 3 days. Get those iced coffees flowing!