On Sunday 8th July, Uttoxeter High Street played host to a whole heap of fundraising family fun, as we joined forces with our pals at Cod’s Corner to host the biggest Charity event the town has ever seen!
We had loads going on, from live music, to a huge Hydradig JCB, street games, and a range of exciting animals to pet provided by Nesta’s Ark. Also keeping revellers entertained were musical performers – including the highly-rated Dom Morgan, and local favourites The Kev Hand Band.
Of course, the whole event was organised around the sponsored head shave in which the brave ladies from Cod’s Corner would be taking part. Rebecca Clarke, Lizzie Paige, Tina Rinaudo and Chrissie Nicolaou were the stars of the show, alongside Pat Hirst who spontaneously decided that she would donate her hair too, and Pani Nicolau, who promised to have his (treasured) beard taken off if the team managed to raise £100 after one swoop around the crowd, which actually ended up making £160!
All in all, the whole day was a massive success, and after raising an enormous £3,853 we couldn’t be more proud of how it all went.
- John Ashmore at JCA Graphics for providing 3 large promotional banners
- Lavin Printers Ltd. for providing a range of promotional posters
- Caroline Clacher, Ben Gorton & the team at JCB
- Tiff Watts and Raisa Allwood (Face Painting)
- Renew Church (Dressing Up)
- Nesta's Ark (Animal friends!)
- Cody Bould and Jo Hatton for acting as their hairdressers
- Cody Bould at The Talbot Pub for helping to promote and fundraiser
- Peacocks, Wilkinson’s, Essentials, Amerton Farm, Denstone Hall Farm Shop, WH Smith, Holland & Barrett’s, Planet Ice, Emma Bridgewater Factory, Nelson’s Gin Distillery and The Alton Towers Resort, all of whom have generously provided a range of exciting raffle prizes.