As the temperature rises, there's nothing quite like a glass of iced tea to keep you cool and hydrated. But we're not just talking about any iced tea - we're talking about the perfect blend of peach sweetness and green tea goodness. Even better: it's SUPER easy to make and store in the fridge for days of refreshment!
- 10g Green Tea leaves.
- 1ltr water for tea mixture, 175ml water for peach base.
- 325g chopped ripe peaches.
- 200g granulated white sugar.
- Ice cubes.
- 2 lemon wheels.
- Prepare the tea: Start by steeping 10g of Green Tea leaves in 1 litre of water that's just off the boil. Let the tea leaves infuse the water for 4 minutes. Strain the tea leaves and set aside the tea mixture to cool completely. Once cooled, decant and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Prepare the Peach Base: In a pan, combine 325g of chopped ripe peaches, 200g of granulated white sugar, and 175g of water. Stir the mixture together and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture through a fine strainer, pressing the peaches to extract as much syrup as possible. Let the peach syrup cool completely and store it in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Fill a tall glass with ice cubes and add 2 lemon wheels. Pour in 70ml of your Peach Base and top it up with the chilled Green Tea. Give it a gentle stir with a tall spoon to mix everything together. Sip, savour and enjoy!