This is the recipe our chefs use in all BEAR stores, just scaled down. This granola makes a wonderful snack or breakfast, served either with a milk of your choice, or with greek yogurt and fresh fruit. It also goes a treat with Oven Dried Strawberries. We like to make our granola without tree nuts, opting to add toasted almonds when serving, however feel free to add any extras you like to the base recipe below.
200g Old-Fashioned Oats
30g Desiccated Coconut
150ml Maple Syrup
50g Rice Crispies
A Generous Pinch of Sea Salt
45ml Neutral Oil
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC
2. In a large bowl, combine the oil and maple syrup. Stir in the oats and rice crispies, ensuring they are evenly coated. Sprinkle in a generous pinch of salt.
3. Spread on to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
4. Add in the desiccated coconut and give it a good stir. Bake for another 8- 10 minutes until golden and toasted.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. The granola will crisp up as it cools.
6. Store in an airtight container and it will be good for up to 2 weeks (if you don't finish it before!)