Easter is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate the season than with a festive twist on your favourite coffee? Enter the Mini Egg Espresso Con Panna - a deliciously decadent Espresso, extracted over Mini Eggs and topped with whipped cream. Not only is this recipe super easy to make at home, but it's also Instagram-worthy AND a great way to have choccy for breakfast. As if you even needed an excuse.
Let's get cracking and hop into Easter with our Mini Egg Espresso Con Panna recipe!
You will need
- BEAR Hometown Blend, ground for Espresso (16g) or BEAR Hometown coffee pods (2 pods).
- An Espresso cup or demitasse.
- Mini Eggs (enough to fill an Espresso cup halfway).
- Whipped cream.
- A home Espresso machine or Nespresso® Original compatible coffee pod machine.
- A spoon for stirring (and eating!)
- Fill your Espresso cup or demitasse halfway with Mini Eggs. This will leave room for your Espresso and whipped cream on top.
- Weigh out 16g of BEAR Hometown Blend, ground for Espresso. If using a pod machine, use 2 BEAR Hometown coffee pods.
- Extract Espresso (or pods) over the Mini Eggs in the cup. The hot Espresso will melt the Mini Eggs, creating a deliciously rich and chocolately mixture.
- Stir the mixture to ensure that the melted Mini Eggs are evenly distributed.
- Top with whipped cream, adding a further touch of indulgence to your drink.
- Grab your spoon and dig in!
- Be careful to not overfill the cup with Mini Eggs, however tempting it may be!
- If using coffee pods, make sure to give the mixture a stir in between extracting the 2nd pod to help it melt.