With it being Easter, we're BACK with another super easy yet delicious recipe for you to make at home: the Mini Egg Mocha! After all, if it doesn't involve coffee or chocolate this week, we're not interested. 🤷♀️
Let's get cracking.
You will need
- BEAR Hometown Blend, ground for Espresso (16g) or BEAR Hometown coffee pods (2 pods).
- A large mug.
- Mini Eggs (a handful to crush and a few left whole).
- 200ml of milk.
- Whipped cream.
- A home Espresso machine or Nespresso® Original compatible coffee pod machine.
- Drinking chocolate - we use Hotel Chocolat's.
- A Velvetiser or milk frother.
- Parchment paper.
- Rolling pin.
Start by grinding 16g of BEAR Hometown Blend coffee beans for Espresso. You can also use our coffee pods instead by substituting the 16g of Hometown Blend with 2 BEAR Hometown coffee pods.
- Extract a double Espresso (or 2 coffee pods) into your large mug of choice.
- In a Velvetiser or milk frother, add 200ml of milk and 3 tablespoons of drinking chocolate and switch on.
- While your coffee is extracting and your chocolate mixture is heating, pop a handful of Mini Eggs into a small sheet of parchment paper. Fold up tightly and get smashing with your rolling pin!
- Slowly pour your hot chocolate mixture over your extracted coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle over your crushed Mini Eggs.
- Finish off by popping a couple of whole Mini Eggs on top. Just 'cause.