This recipe is a great way to make your berries go a little further - it works with raspberries too! I tend to add mine to granola (click here > to see the BEST granola recipe), and serve with yoghurt and honey for breakfast. They are also amazing with feta, balsamic and rocket to make a beautiful summery salad.
450g Strawberries, hulled (green leafy bits removed)
2 tablespoons of sugar
1. Cut all of the strawberries in half (or in to quarters if they’re large) and pop them in to a large bowl.
2. Add the sugar to the bowl and toss everything together so the berries are nicely coated. Leave for 25-30 minutes, until they start to release their juices.
3. Preheat the oven to 80ºC, then line a shallow baking tray with greaseproof paper and spread the berries out in a single layer.
4. Cook for 3 - 3 1/2 hours, turning the tray about every 30 minutes. The berries should be darkened in colour and dried out around the edges, but still slightly juicy in the middle.
5. Once they’re looking good, take them out and leave them to cool on the baking sheet.
6. Store chilled and covered. They’ll be good for up to a week!